Hi there. We are Matthew and Chrissy, the husband and wife team behind Weddings by Sal & Bella, Pittsburgh wedding photographers.
Matthew & I met in high school. I was a junior. He was a sophomore. Our love blossomed over the years. He affectionately nick named me "Bella" , because he thought I was beautiful. Matthew is Italian, and was all about everything Italian in school so I started calling him Salvatore "Sal" for short. (One of his favorite Italian names.) We are now happily married and have 3 Wonderful children. We have been blessed in life with a wonderful supportive family and many wonderful friends. Photography is more than just our job, it’s our passion.
For me its all about the joy, the celebration, the moments, and the emotion. For Matthew its all about testing the limits, trying new things, and catching all the candid behind the scenes fun. All while producing amazing images.
We are passionate about what we do. We put in our whole heart always. Our photography tells a story. It’s fun, fresh and natural. We are always striving to try new things. Our #1 goal is not only to deliver you with exceptional photos, but for you to have an unforgettable experience with us.
Winston Churchill said “You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give,” and to be able to give these moments to people so that they can cherish & look back on them forever… That is one of the best feelings in life for us.
Thanks for checking out Weddings by Sal and Bella, and for the continued support!
If you are interested in booking us please hit the “Contact ” tab at the top of the page.
We can't wait to meet you!!!
10 Random things about me:
1. Matthew & I went on our first date April 10, 2005 He took me to pizza hut & bowling..
2. I was voted friendliest in high school. I've always been really outgoing! I love talking to people and making friends!
3. I'd rather be barefoot. Seriously I really don't like to wear shoes. My grandpap Ray was always yelling at me to get my shoes on as a kid!
4. My favorite movie is Fried Green Tomatoes. I can literally quote the entire movie. I auditioned for my school musical with a monologue from the movie.
5. I LOVE playing video games.. I mean my dad almost named me Zelda... video game love runs in the family!!
6. I love music & I am always singing! My dad always had music Playing while I was growing up & My mom is pretty much a kareoke queen.. So Ive always been around all kinds of music and That has stayed with me!
7. I would rather stay in at night and snuggle and watch one of my favorite TV Shows... Scrubs, That 70s show, Gilmore Girls, Glee, Everybody Loves Raymond & NCIS (yes Matthew watches them all with me & we laugh and quote them all the time.. Esp Scrubs.)
8. I collect tea pots. My favorite one is shaped like a swan!
9. I love Maxi Dresses... I have a ton of them and there is a good chance you will catch me in one at your wedding!
10. I dream of traveling! Once our kids are older I have big plans of seeing the world!
So there you have it! 10 random facts about me that I hope help you get to know me a little better. :)